What is a Cat Friendly Practice?
A Cat Friendly Practice encourages and facilitates good quality veterinary care for cats. We recognize that there are unique challenges and difficulties in bringing your cat to a veterinary practice, including:
- Cats often do not travel well.
- Cats do not feel safe when they are away from their normal home territory.
- Cats are highly sensitive to unusual sights, sounds and smells.
- Most cats prefer quiet and solitude.
- Most cats are highly susceptible to stress and anxiety.
- Most cats are highly stressed by dogs and other cats being in close proximity at the practice.
- Cats need to be handled gently, with care and respect in the practice.
- Cats have unique medical requirements that Cat Friendly Practices are capable of providing.
Cat Friendly Practices:
- Understand the unique needs of cats and have made veterinary visits more cat-friendly
- Understand how to approach and handle cats in a gentle, empathetic and caring manner
- Have an appropriate standard of equipment needed to investigate and treat feline diseases
- Meets a standard for the facilities and care for hospitalized cats
Click on these helpful links below to learn more about how we ensure the best care for your cat: